Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Veggie Wraps

This is the easiest way to get your daily dose of veggies.  I eat this all the time on days where I'm bored with regular salads and want my meal to feel a little more substantial.


Wrap (unfortunately, NOT with a spinach tortilla -shame on me, this was
before I learned better- )with a pickle on the side & some almond clusters drizzled in honey.
Ingredients:
Switch up your ingredients if you'd like.  Want to add meat? Grill up some chicken? Hate carrots? Don't add them. This is all about turning it into what you like, but here is a list of what I normally put in my wraps:

- Spinach tortilla (healthier than white flour wraps)
- Mixed baby greens
- Sprouts (alfalfa, broccoli, radish...whatever I have at the time)
- Shredded carrots
- Bell pepper
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Onion
- Hummus
- A tiny bit of Italian dressing or my "ranch" dressing
- Celery
- Anything else you like! Radishes, spinach, corn, fennel, nuts/seeds/raisins, etc

Directions:
Throw it all in the spinach tortilla, wrap, and enjoy! Seriously, the simplest way to use up leftover veggies or to mix up your lunch.  Add a side of homemade soup, apple slices, or quinoa and beans and you have an elegant lunch for your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment