Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Days Off

I love days off of work so I can cook/bake in the kitchen without any rush.  Today's yummy food is: Cinnamon topped Oatmeal Raisin Muffins.  Now, honestly, I usually HATE muffins.  They're dry and always leave me super thirsty & disappointed.  But, when I saw this recipe, I couldn't help but want to give it a try.

Here's the recipe:
MUFFINS-
1 cup sifted flour
1/4 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup raisins
3 Tbsp oil
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk

CINNAMON TOPPING (make separately and set aside)-
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp flour
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp melted butter

(Directions: Mix all together! When the muffins come out of the oven, simply add a bit to the top of each muffin.  The heat of the muffin should melt it, but if not, simply put muffins with topping back into oven for a minute and then spread evenly.  It's not meant to look pretty, just taste super yummy!)

Making the Muffins:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Prepare muffin pan.  (I use stoneware so I usually just add a teeny tiny bit of cooking spray to each muffin spot.  If you use metal pans, insert muffin papers.)

Measure 1 cup of sifted flour and sift baking powder and salt with it.

Stir together the sifted ingredients and remaining dry ingredients (yes, including oatmeal and raisins).

In a separate bowl,  mix together oil, milk, and an already beaten egg.  Combine with dry ingredients and mix. Fill muffin pan and bake for 15 minutes.

If not eating right away, I definitely suggest warming these muffins before chowing down. The melted cinnamon topping with the warm raisins is perfect.  MmmMmmm.

Final Product:
See the pretty raisins and yummy topping?



I told you, they're not the prettiest muffins you've ever seen, but they're the first muffins I've ever liked. 


No comments:

Post a Comment