Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Back to Life, Back to Reality

Currently listening to: Ray LaMontagne "Lesson Learned"

The wedding was planned.  Executed. And a success.  I'd rather not get into every single teeny detail, because most people reading this were most likely there. And if you weren't, you probably already heard/read about it.  But enjoy the following synopsis.

The day started off with the ceremony at the church.  It was 12 minutes long.  Many asked why so short, and I say "Isn't that what everyone wants when they go to a wedding?".  It was short, but included all of the important components we wanted.  Phil read the scripture that the homily was based on.  Jess read one of my favorite poems by e.e. cummings.  Vows were said. Rings exchanged.  Viola.

Dani Leigh Photography


Here are the vows:


After the ceremony, people ate shrimp, Michael and I had our photos taken by Dani Leigh Photography (a friend of my cousin's). Then they threw lavender on us. It smelled so wonderful.

Dani Leigh Photography







Then we partied under the tent and ate really good food like ribs, pork bbq, garlic mashed potatoes, chili-cheese cornbread, three cheese mac&cheese, apple cider, strawberry lemonade, beer, and lots of wine. People said nice things and made us laugh.




And then one of my favorite things happened; we took pictures in a cotton field and at the river during sunset.  It was beautiful and those photos in particular still make me choke up.

Dani Leigh Photography
After all of that, we went back to the motel under their tent and still ate, drank, and danced.  I did keg stands, jumped into the pool & the river...in my wedding dress.  I laugh when I look at my dress because all I can say is "Well, I got my money's worth."


Michael and I had an absolute joyous time with our friends and family, and I had a lot of people say it was the best wedding they had ever been to.  I can only thank you all for that.  I'm blessed. I love my husband.  And I can't wait to see what the following years have in store.


I, Lacey, take you, Michael, as my friend and love, beside me and apart from me, in laughter and in tears, in conflict and tranquility, asking that you be no other than yourself, loving what I know of you, trusting what I do not know yet, in all the ways that life may find us.

Dani Leigh Photography


Post-script: Please be sure to give tons of love to Dani Leigh Photography and my cousin (who was the 2nd shooter) Janice Reyes Photography.  They both worked super hard to capture some incredible moments throughout the day.  I am so excited to see all of the photos. Thank you to both of you for being such an important component to such a memorable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment