Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 13- Late

Sorry for posting this morning instead of last night. I worked from 6 am to 8:30 pm. I walked in the house and went to bed about 10 minutes later. Way too exhausted to update.  So, this is for yesterday....

Felt: I was just exhausted all day. My shins are still hurting a lot even when I'm not working out.  It's frustrating.
Ate: B- Cantaloupe, grapes, 100% orange juice. L- Salad wrap. Oh, my, goooosh. This tasted incredible.  Here's the recipe/ingredients: corn tortilla, lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, jalpeno peppers, red pepper, diced onion, salad dressing, and rosemary & garlic seasoning sprinkled on top. Wrap up & enjoy. This is a great alternative if you're bored on chomping on salad with a fork. This corn tortilla it's a great addition and it just tastes so good.  Honestly, I just took every veggie in my fridge & threw it in. Be creative. Different toppings and dressings will give different tastes. And don't forget to start using your seasonings for cooking on these salads! D- Small bowl of vegan chili.
Exercise- Day off. Honestly, my shins hurt way too much. I think I'll be okay today to do some yoga.

Lunch!



Exciting news: I found a ton of state parts/hiking trails in the area and Mike & I are going to try to head to one once a week. We already have First Landing State Park planned for Saturday morning. Yay for fun outdoor adventures! Now that's it's getting nicer out, here's my challenge for YOU....try to go out once a week or once every 2 weeks. Whether it be hiking on a new trail, renting a canoe and paddling down the river, white water rafting, biking, horseback riding etc. I can't believe how many months have gone by since we've moved here to Virginia and we haven't really done anything (and we have a canoe in our backyard!). Granted, we had a wedding to plan and new jobs and business to start up, but we moved to Virginia for the very reason that there are so many incredible areas to do stuff like this. Do your research online, find out where you can go, and plan a trip for the family, you and your significant other, or bring a group of friends for a fun day out! It's great bonding time and you'll be amazed at how many places you can go within an hour of your house. Think of all the memories you can make!  Good luck & have fun!  And if you do go out somewhere in the next few weeks, tell me about it below!

1 comment:

  1. lacey, i wanted to tell you about a snack food i think you will adore (and fits in with "clean" eating). have you had Larabars before? they're a little pricey, but are made from raw ingredients and no sugar/sweeteners (sweetened with dates only). i think some of the chocolate varieties break that rule a little, but all in all, awesome snack in my mind! and since you had some grocery budget money left over, you might be able to swing the cost. i haven't tried a flavor i haven't loved. anywho, love reading about your journey! and jealous you live in VA. it's one of our favorite states. :)

    ReplyDelete