Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 12- Productivity

Today was much needed. I was completely off work and it's a Saturday, which means Mike is off work as well. This means we actually got to spend and entire day together, which rarely happens.

We got our taxes done, went grocery shopping for the week (was $22 under budget! woohoo), came home & relaxed/napped, went to the beach to walk the dogs (also in celebration of Zoe's 3rd birthday) which also included running, are watching The Godfather for the first time, doing laundry, and about to clean the gun. WHEW! Lots of productivity. I love it.

Felt: My shins are still really hurting.  It's frustrating to wake up with the energy and drive to go for a run but know that if you do you'll injure yourself.  I'm really just feeling happy and productive.
Ate: B- Uh oh...I didn't eat breakfast. I chose sleeping in instead before heading to our tax appointment at 9. A pretty stupid idea if you ask me. L- Big salad (Including lots of lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, snow peas & alfalfa sprouts) and a baked potato with a drizzle of olive oil & lots of seasonings. D- Vegan chili (beans, jalapeno peppers, red peppers, carrots, corn, organic/natural tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, onion, & tons of seasonings).  This is the first meal we've eaten together since the Challenge started.  I also made us fruit smoothies for dessert (strawberries, banana, mango, blueberries, yogurt & orange juice).  It was nice to sit at the dinner table together.
Exercised: Walked the dogs & ourselves on the beach for about a mile.  Ran some of it. It felt better to run on the sand since it gave some bounce to my step & was less stress to my shin, but I still couldn't go full force because the sand makes it much more difficult to push off your toes.  Also did some calisthenics this evening.
Sand & Snow
Weight Lost: This is the last time I will be reporting weight lost.  If you haven't put in your guess on the "You Decide" post, go do that now.

I HAVE LOST A TOTAL OF 7 POUNDS SINCE DAY 1!


Mike & I were talking today and we're really happy that we've taken this step forward to CHOOSE to live a healthy lifestyle.  With the Challenge aside, I'm truly proud of both of us, especially Mike, for taking this so seriously and being open to new ideas and foods.  It really has surprised me how much he's gotten into this.  And I proudly report that he has lost a total of 10 pounds since Day 1 (mind you, he wasn't sick for 3 of those days, hehe).  We no longer keep any junk food in the house, we're eating only fruits, veggies, beans, and nuts, & we are feeling so much more energized, rarely crave "yuck" food, as I like to call it.  I really can't wait to see what we look like 3 months from now.  More than anything, I was getting approximately 4 migraines a week before I started this challenge.  Not headaches...MIGRAINES. IN A WEEK.  It was terrible.  I was miserable, in unbearable amounts of pain, and was frustrated from the years of not knowing why it was happening.  Since I started eating this way (raw), I have had ZERO migraines in 12 days. I could go on and on about that, but I will let that statement speak for itself.  With that said, go read "Eat to Live" by Dr. Furhman.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to both of you!! I am so happy for you and Mike that you're making healthy changes to your lifestyle and both enjoying it at the same time. I'm also really glad to hear you aren't having migraines as much either. What's doing going on with your shins though? Shin splints it sounds like... Shoot me a message over facebook and I can tell you some good home remedies and stretches to alleviate some of the pain! Congrats and good luck again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job to the both of you, a healthy lifestyle for the both of you is the most important thing, the weight loss is a bonus. Thanks for introducing the book to us, dad's pain in his shoulders is getting better and better. My weight loss stall has stopped and am continuing to lose again. I noticed a huge improvement in the condition of my hair and my nails are starting to grow again. Keep up the great work the both of you!
    Love Momma K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Momma- I'm so proud of you & Dad. It's amazing how eating foods straight from the earth can have a healing effect on our bodies. Just like his shoulder pain is slowly going away, my migraines haven't returned, and your body has been able to head towards it's natural weight. I love it! I'm definitely going to use your testimony in my blog today to show everyone how it's not just working for Mike & I.

    ReplyDelete