Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 5- Alive & Not Hacking Up A Lung

Miraculously, I've recovered.  Whatever it was, I don't want it again.  Thank you Mucinex. Job well done.

I took my first run since Day 1 this morning...in the pouring rain.  And yes, I loved it. My focus was not on the weather, but rather getting back out into my "routine" (not much of one, I guess, if it was only for a day). It definitely felt goo to get out into the fresh air.

Here's the run-down.

Felt: Incredible.  Woke up after a full night of sleep with no coughing or body pain.  I was disappointed to see that I hadn't lost any extra weight but tried not to be discouraged since I had been practically bed-ridden for 3 days.  An illness will do that to you, I guess.
Ate: B- Yogurt, pineapple chunks, strawberries L: BIG salad  D: Sauteed string beans, cherry tomatoes, pineapple for dessert.  I drank a lot less water today and am regretting it as I write.  I'll try to make up for it tomorrow.  I really can't believe how not hungry I am at the end of the day.  My portions have become much more reasonable and I'm craving sweets less and less.  Some Hooter's crab legs were on my mind tonight, though.
Exercise: Ran a mile and a half along with 30 minutes of a workout video I have (10 of it abs).
Weight Lost: Still at 2 pounds.  Hopefully now that I'm recovered and can exercise I'll make some more progress.

Challenge of the day?  Stopping at the store to pick up some more string beans and other essentials and having to stand in line next to this for 10 minutes:
Can't tell? Krispy Kreme donuts. A lot of them.
Yes, a challenge, but I just stared more intently at my fresh string beans in my hands reminding myself of how much I want to kick Mike's ass. That's motivation enough.

What wasn't a challenge? Allow this to hang out with me all day:


Now that I'm recovered hopefully I'll be able to do some more exercises other than running.  I will say, I hate running.  I get bored with it.  (Maybe I'll like it when I get better at it. Haha) Any other workout ideas? Comment!  Maybe I'll do it one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment