Monday, April 13, 2009

Dried Apples

Lacey's own recipe, but this is so simple I'm sure a million other people have done this. Quite frankly, the bags of dried apples were so expensive I said, forget this, this really can't be hard to make myself.  And here you have it...

Ingredients
Apples of your choice (seriously, you can really do any kind.  I love Gala and any type of green apple...mix it up!)
Cinnamon

Directions:
Peel apple
Cut core out of apple.
Slice thinly (absolutely less than 1/4") into rings
Sprinkle with cinnamon. (Unless you're using green apples.  I don't recommend cinnamon on green apples.)
Dehydrate for 6-8 hours or until leather hard. Longer if you like them crispy. I love mine chewy.
Put in ziploc bag to save them for lunches or snacks throughout the week. Or just gobble them up on the spot. Whichever you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment