Sunday, June 19, 2011

Before & Somewhat After

I've received a lot of requests to do a before photo of Mike & I and one of us now, after we've lost some of the weight.  Keep in mind, I'm still going to lose another 20 pounds and Mike another 15.  I just know there's a lot of you readers who don't know what we looked like before we started this journey.

This photo of us is at my Dad's wedding on January 1, 2011.  This was exactly one month before we started the challenge and when we were both at our peak weights...EVER.  It actually makes me quite depressed to see this; to know that I, a person who used to be pretty fit allowed the stress of teaching and school to affect me so negatively that I allowed myself to become this unhealthy.  I am excited, though, to see the progress we've made.  So many of you have been supportive of our healthy eating, and for some of you, have been inspired.  Thank you for that love & support and keep being inspired!  You'll love yourself for the healthy changes you make.

Before, January 2011:
Grooooossss


Now, taken June 18.  27 (Lacey) & 38 (Mike) pounds lighter:
Sun-kissed from spending the day at the beach! 

Like I said, we're not done yet, but I think the difference in these photos is something to be celebrated!

Here's to not only feeling healthier, our number one priority, but to the awesome side-effect of looking a little hotter each day. *wink*  teehee.
-Lacey



2 comments: