Thursday, June 16, 2011

Gluten Free Recipe - Oven Baked Frito Chicken Fingers

Growing up, chicken fingers were my favorite food ever. I was so sad when I had to give up my breaded, preservative filled chicken fingers when I first became gluten free. Luckily I discovered this super easy and delicious recipe.

This recipe is from Silvana's Kitchen. I bought her gluten and dairy free cookbook when I was first diagnosed and I credit this book for my new found love of gluten free cooking. Silvana wrote this for her young son who was diagnosed gluten and lactose intolerant - I'm a picky eater so these easy recipes are perfect for picky adults and kids alike!

This recipe includes a side recipe for dipping sauce for the chicken fingers. I have never made it - I like to eat chicken fingers with honey - but I'll add it below if you would like to try. Also you could try Lacey's recipe for raw ranch dressing to go with these too!

INGREDIENTS
Chicken Fingers:
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups corn chips (like Fritos - which are gluten free) > coarsely crushed
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 pounds of chicken tenders (We always buy thin sliced)
Dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

RECIPE
Chicken Fingers: 
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
2. Lightly grease a baking sheet with olive oil
3. In a shallow bowl, combine the corn chips, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper
4. In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs
5. Coat a chicken tender with the corn chip mixture, dip into eggs, then coat again with the corn chip mixture; place on baking sheet
6. Repeat with the remaining chicken
7. Bake until golden and cooked through, about 20 minutes
Dressing:
1. Stir together the mayonnaise, mustard, honey and lemon juice
2. Season with salt and pepper and serve with the chicken fingers

Crush the corn chips
Coat a chicken tender with the corn chip mixture then dip into eggs mixture



















 Then coat again with the corn chip mixture
















 
Place on baking sheet, and repeat with remaining chicken















Bake until golden and cooked through, about 20 minutes



































 
- Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment