Friday, October 14, 2011

SH Running Challenge - Week 2

 SH Running Challenge > Week 2 > Monday 10/10 - Friday 10/14

I completed my second week of my running challenge! I am very happy I made it this far. See below for my daily recap - please comment and let me know any advice you may have for the upcoming weeks :) 

Week 2 > 10/10 - 10/14

Monday -  Take a 30 minute walk
~ Started off the week slow, just walked a few miles throughout the day and stretched a bit. I didn't feel well all day (ended up being the flu!). Also, practiced running with my fiance at night, and I was running wrong. Way too hard on my feet (no wonder why my heel was killing me), so excited to give it another try tomorrow!
I love running on The High Line. So beautiful!
 Tuesday - Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes. + Stretch
~ Heel is feeling much better, but I haven't been feeling well for the past few days. Decide to give running a try this morning and I felt good about the run. But then sick immediately after and cue the flu for the rest of the day... oh life.

I time myself on my iPhone when I run
> Run for 90 seconds
> Walk for 60 seconds
Wednesday - Take a 30 minute walk
~ Woo slept for 10 hours last night! I needed the sleep so I didn't get up early to do anything. However I will be walking around 2 miles around the city today, so its no big deal. Started to do some nightly crunches and push ups to add in some strength training to this program.

Thursday - Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes. + Stretch
~ Feel really good this morning! I'm doing well running 90 seconds at a time, and it feels good. Definitely an adrenaline rush to accomplish this in the morning. Again - so happy I started slow because I'm feeling positive and not overwhelmed by this. Feeling strangely tired but alert and excited at the same time.

How I keep my keys on me while I run!
Misty morning run on The High Line on Thursday

Friday -  Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes. + Stretch
~ I didn't get to run as long as I would have liked to this morning, but I'm still feeling great. I'm not super sore anymore and I don't have any foot pain.


- Stephanie 

> Connect with us! Get exclusive, up to date, giveaway opportunities and insider tips and pictures on our Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment