Friday, October 28, 2011

SH Running Challenge > Week 4 & Loving It!

Made it 1 month running!
Whaaaat I've been running for a whole month! I really can't believe it. I remember being pretty discouraged when I was so sore my first 2 weeks. But now I like it and I look forward to running! I've been running 3 mornings a week for the past month (only missed 1 morning). In fact 2 mornings this week I ran 1.5 miles during my 25 minutes of running intervals! I can't wait to see what the next month brings! Please feel free to leave any runner comments/advice - I'm always looking to improve. 

Week 4 > 10/24/11 - 10/28/11

Monday - Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then: Jog 3 minutes, Walk 90 seconds, Jog 5 minutes, Walk 2-1/2 minutes, Jog 3 minutes, Walk 90 seconds, Jog 5 minutes. + Stretch
~ Running for 5 minutes straight was intimidating... but I did great and loved it! No side cramps, I kept at a steady pace and felt good. I know week 4 is my halfway turning point and I'm ready to keep pushing forward!

Tuesday - Take a 30 minute walk
~ Walking around the city a bunch today (unfortunately got blisters from my new boots - wahh!). Also took time for crunches/push ups/stretching.
My first of 2 - 3 minute running intervals!
Wednesday - Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then: Jog 3 minutes, Walk 90 seconds, Jog 5 minutes, Walk 2-1/2 minutes, Jog 3 minutes, Walk 90 seconds, Jog 5 minutes. + Stretch
 ~ What a run this morning! I definitely pushed myself and it felt good. I jammed out to the Nicki Minaj CD and the 5 minutes flew by! Then the second section of 5 minutes I got stomach cramps (because I was drinking water?). Feeling more exhausted than usual today, but feel empowered that I completed another run!

Thursday - Take a 30 minute walk
 ~ I walked a few miles around the city and continue to stretch and do strength training.

2 - 5 minute running intervals too! Love it!
Friday - Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then: Jog 3 minutes, Walk 90 seconds, Jog 5 minutes, Walk 2-1/2 minutes, Jog 3 minutes, Walk 90 seconds, Jog 5 minutes. + Stretch
~ Woo second morning this week I ran 1.5 miles within my intervals today! It has been freezing/raining so I've been running on a treadmill at the gym but it hasn't been that bad. I actually like using the treadmill because it helps me keep a steady pace. Felt good about both 3 minute and 5 minute runs. Excited to push myself more next week!

Feeling accomplished :)

> Also - don't forget to LIKE our Facebook page! We post daily updates, reminders about giveaways, meal ideas, pictures, answer questions, post links to cool articles, etc!

- Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment