Tuesday, October 25, 2011

SH Running Challenge: Second Month Schedule

(Don't forget about our Facebook page!)
As of this Friday I will have completed the first month of my running challenge! This is an 8 week challenge - I wanted to give myself a chance to actually build up endurance and see where I can be with timing, etc. Most 'running for beginners' websites suggest a 2 month trial as well.

I started on Monday, October 3rd and my last week of running will be Monday, November 28th. (Technically that is 9 weeks but with Thanksgiving thrown in there I'll give myself all of November).

I started totally terrified of running and afraid to even try it. Now I'm actually looking forward to my morning runs and excited to push myself even farther!


 > I am using this beginner runners article to set my first month schedule! It's a 9 week schedule, running 3 times a week, that will get me up to 3 miles by the end of November. This Runners World article is another great 8 week beginners schedule if you wanted to try this one out instead.

> I will be using this stretching routine after all my runs - stretching is so important and I know it will help me feel better after each run! 

SECOND MONTH RUNNING SCHEDULE:

Week 5 > 10/31
Monday - Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then: Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes), Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes), Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes), Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes), Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes). + Stretch
Tuesday - Take a 30 minute walk
Wednesday -
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then: Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes), Walk 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes), Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes) + Stretch
Thursday - Take a 30 minute walk
Friday - Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog two miles (or 20 minutes) with no walking. + Stretch


Week 6 > 11/7
Monday - Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then: Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes), Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes), Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes), Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes), Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes) + Stretch
Tuesday - Take a 30 minute walk
Wednesday - 
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then: Jog 1 mile (or 10 minutes), Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes), Jog 1 mile (or 10 minutes). + Stretch
Thursday - Take a 30 minute walk
Friday -  Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2-1/4 miles (or 25 minutes) with no walking. + Stretch

Week 7 > 11/14
Monday - Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes). + Stretch
Tuesday - Take a 30 minute walk
Wednesday - 
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes). + Stretch
Thursday - Take a 30 minute walk
Friday -  Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes). + Stretch

Week 8 > 11/21
Monday - Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.75 miles (or 28 minutes). + Stretch
Tuesday - Take a 30 minute walk
Wednesday -
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.75 miles (or 28 minutes). + Stretch
Thursday - Take a 30 minute walk
Friday - Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.75 miles (or 28 minutes). + Stretch



Week 9 > 11/28
Monday - Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 3 miles (or 30 minutes).
Tuesday - Take a 30 minute walk
Wednesday -
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 3 miles (or 30 minutes).
Thursday - Take a 30 minute walk
Friday -  Final run of my challenge! Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 3 miles (or 30 minutes).

- Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment