Friday, November 4, 2011

SH Running Challenge > Week 5

Week 5 - I'm so proud I made it so far and have been running 3 times a week! I learned how to run 60 seconds at a time but this was the best way to do it. I'm feeling great, have good energy, and I'm not super sore!

Runners - any tips as I get into running longer times and distances? :)


Week 5 > 10/31 - 11/14

Monday - Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then: Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes), Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes), Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes), Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes), Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes). + Stretch
~ Running for 3 - 5 minute intervals today! OMG. I am happy to say I completed all 5 minute intervals and felt good! The longer I run, the more I have to relax mentally and just run. Overthinking it kills it for me and I psych myself out. The upcoming weeks are getting more serious so I know I have to continue to eat healthy, drink water daily and mentally prepare for training!

Building up my time slowly but surely!
Tuesday - Take a 30 minute walk
~ Walked a few miles and stretched a lot. I'm not feeling nearly as sore as I thought I would be, so I'm grateful for that! Also created an epic & intense running playlist (everything from Adele and NSync to Nirvana and Rage Against the Machine). Actually excited for my run tomorrow!

Wednesday - Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then: Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes), Walk 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes), Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes) + Stretch
 ~ Two 8 minute intervals were scary... def the longest I have ever ran (don't get me started about Friday)! The first 8 minute interval I got the worst side cramps ever and had to stop at minute 7 to walk it off. I then quickly googled side cramps (check out our Facebook page for my findings) and continued my 5 minute walk. I realized I had to keep my breathing in pace - which I did for the next 8 minute run and I made it through! Great feeling :)
Treadmill Champ!

Thursday - Take a 30 minute walk
 ~ I am staying super hydrated (I usually do every day) and keep stretching to make those awful side cramps stay away tomorrow!

Friday - Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog two miles (or 20 minutes) with no walking. + Stretch
 ~ I ran the entire 20 minutes straight this morning! I ran 1.5 miles this morning! #WINNING I am so proud of myself - considering just 5 weeks ago I didn't even know how to physically run. I felt good, keep my breathing at a steady pace and luckily no side cramps came my way. I'm feeling powerful and proud. Happy I have come so far!

All smile after my run this morning :)
> Also - don't forget to LIKE our Facebook page! We post daily updates, reminders about giveaways, meal ideas, pictures, answer questions, post links to cool articles, etc!

- Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment