Wednesday, November 9, 2011

SH Running Challenge > Week 6

Week 6 was rough! Mostly on my part - I haven't been feeling well and I ate too much sugar over the previous week so I was just off all week. Regardless I'm glad I keep trying and it can only get better! I do miss my elliptical and bike work outs though - so I will be happy to get back to cross training and not just running every week. But I do realize I need to get my running endurance up first before I can add it into my weekly workouts.

Week 6 > 11/7 - 11/11

Monday - Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then: Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes), Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes), Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes), Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes), Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes) + Stretch
~Yeah, totally could not get up this morning. But I've been working hard so I just slept in this morning :) I still walked a few miles and stretched a lot.

I don't like running outside in the cold...
 Tuesday - Take a 30 minute walk
~ Walked a few miles and continuing to stretch and do some minor strength training through push ups and sit ups.

Wednesday - Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then: Jog 1 mile (or 10 minutes), Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes), Jog 1 mile (or 10 minutes). + Stretch
~Meh, I've been feeling off all week. I think I ate too much sugar this weekend and it always throws me off balance. I could barely finish each 10 minute interval but I'm glad I sucked it up and ran this morning. I may try elliptical tomorrow morning so I'm not totally out of it for my 25 minute on Friday ahhh!

Thursday - Take a 30 minute walk
~I walked a few miles today, still haven't been feeling well so I stretched a bunch and went to sleep early!

Friday -  Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2-1/4 miles (or 25 minutes) with no walking. + Stretch
~ Ugh, just having an off week and didn't get to run as long as I should have today. But I can't be too hard on myself. I've made so much progress and its OK to have an off week. I need to make sure I don't eat as much crap this weekend so I feel better next week!
 

> Don't forget to LIKE our Facebook page! We post daily updates, reminders about giveaways, meal ideas, pictures, answer questions, post links to cool articles, etc!

- Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment