Monday, November 21, 2011

Vegan Thanksgiving Recipe # 9: Stuffing!

VegWeb is one of my favorite sites to find recipes and this one stood out. It's a simple stuffing recipe. I bounced back and forth as to whether or not I wanted to even make a stuffing since we rarely eat bread in our house. But, I thought, for all the purging I'm doing elsewhere (no meat--which means no turkey--, no dairy, all homemade and nothing processed), I figured I could let one thing slide, but I made sure to find a vegan recipe and I'll be buying a 100% whole grain bread from our local farmer's market.

This is the recipe VegWeb gives:

Ingredients:
6 sticks of celery, chopped finely
1 medium onion, chopped
1 3/4 cup vegetable broth
1/4 cup olive oil
5 Tbsp soy sauce
3 ounces pecans, chopped
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 Tbsp dried rosemary
1 Tbsp dried sage
1 Tbsp dried thyme
small loaf of 100% whole grain bread, torn into small pieces

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add and saute celery and onion.
Add all other ingredients except bread.
Fill a 9x13" casserole dish with the bread and pour hot oil mixture over them. Mix well and pat down flat.
Bake 35 minutes covered, then 10 minutes uncovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment