Thursday, March 1, 2012

Guacamole with a Twist

I'm not just saying this because I made it, but I've never, ever, ever liked guacamole. Always tasted bland to me. I made this on a whim tonight with some leftover avocado from sushi from dinner the other night and I LOVE this. Love love love love.




Ingredients:
1/2 jalapeño pepper
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
1/4 cup onion
1 tablespoon lemon juice (or lime juice if you like. I'm not a fan)
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Pinch of sea salt
Itty bit of orange zest
1 avocado
1 small tomato (or 1/2 medium tomato) roughly cut up into 4 or 5 pieces.


Directions:
1. In a food processor, add jalapeño, garlic, cilantro, onion, lemon juice, cumin, chili powder, and sea salt. Pulse until all ingredients are chopped in small pieces.
2. Add avocado and orange zest and blend until mostly smooth (leaving little chunks is great!)
3. Add tomato pieces and pulse until chunks of tomato are left in the guacamole.
4. Enjoy on your salad, in your wraps, or as a yummy veggie dip.


***If you don't have a food processor, just finely chop all ingredients except avocado & tomato and mix together. Blend avocado in with fork and mix until mostly smooth. Add in bits of tomato at the very end for a chunky guacamole.***



No comments:

Post a Comment