Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wedding Slim Down

I got married 2 months ago, and of course looking my best was important! But I wanted to stay on the same healthy pace I was on and not fluctuate too much either way in my weight. I also wanted to focus on getting in shape for our honeymoon; we went away for almost 3 weeks backpacking through South East Asia (Indonesia and Thailand) and had lots of adventures planned.
Hiked Mt. Batur in Bali, Indonesia
We had also just moved 2 months before the wedding, so eating healthy was super difficult (kitchen stuff not unpacked + a super teeny NYC kitchen to begin with)! But the best part of living in NYC is that we have access to any kind of food we want - especially healthy foods. Grocery shopping for me is half the battle.

Moving insanity
 These are some of my main tips that I followed every day for the 6 weeks before the wedding to tone up and slim down:


- Don't drink any calories 
I'm not gonna lie, I love drinking calories! But water is your best friend when you are trying to lose weight/slim down/not eat junk food. It keeps me full and hydrated.


- Walk more, take stairs when you can
Every movement counts. I added in a 20-30 minute walk every day during work. Get moving and burn extra calories, also leaving your office/desk during the day clears your mind - also helps me crave sugar less.

Leaving to backpack Southeast Asia!
- It's the little choices
Take it day by day. I talk to myself: "Steph do you need soda TODAY?" And usually I can say no, not today.

- Morning workout
When I work out in the morning - I see a significant improvement in my drinking/eating habits all day. My theory is that if I work hard in the AM, why would I ruin it with the shiz I eat the rest of the day? I also started to run twice a day to get in shape for our honeymoon - we had several hikes planned and I wanted to make sure I was in tip top shape. Running also helped to reduce wedding planning stress, it was nice to take out time for myself every day, even when my to do list was crazypants.


- Fruit snick snacks
Keeping grapes, strawberries or a banana on hand always helps me stay away from other unnatural sugars/candy. I can even trick myself into pretending grapes are candy by adding some honey and popping them into the freezer for a bit.

What are your tips/tricks? Comment below and I will share them on Facebook!

Connect with us on Facebook for extra articles, recipes and inspirational pics all summer!

- Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment