Sunday, September 2, 2012

"Cream" of Broccoli Soup

Follow us on Facebook!

Lydia, from Made For More (a fellow English major while I was at Messiah), posted this rather tasty-looking recipe for "cream" of broccoli soup, which so happens to also be my absolute favorite type of soup.  Due to a normal cream of broccoli recipe being loaded with milk and cheese, I haven't actually had it in probably over 2 years. Needless to say, I've missed it, and this recipe was ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE.

I made it in about 30 minutes and truly could not believe how true to the original it tastes. I thoroughly recommend you all try it. The only change I made was substituting the coconut oil for extra virgin olive oil. I just didn't have any coconut oil on hand.

Go to this post for the actual recipe!

Here are some photos from last night's cooking session!


Yikes! Too expensive at this store. Will be going to trader Joe's next time.


So, I don't own a big blender, so I used my food processor and
it worked just fine. It over-filled a bit so it leaked a teeny-tiny bit, but
I managed!
 



What dinner looked like!

1 comment:

  1. I'm on a facebook hiatus so I lost contact with your blog (I used to get to it using facebook), but I've rustled it up and started reading again! I'm glad I got to read all the posts I've missed since deactivating especially the one about "I could never give that up". Without school or work I've felt so lost recently and my eating habits have tanked right along with that. I am desperate to get myself together and have a purpose but I can't help but feeling like everything I do or every time I try to get myself to do something, it's just a passing fad. Not to mention I've been dealing with severe anxiety problems and had my medication changed on me three times in the last month. I'm hoping that using your blog I can get myself back on track and being physically healthy will help my mental health as well. Here's to that and here's to Strawberries & Tea! (sips juice).

    ReplyDelete