Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Step 2 To Getting On Track: Workout Routine

Like our page for updates!

Lacey, here! (Read Step 1 first.)

Just as you make a menu plan to stick to healthy eating, you want to make sure you have a routine or schedule to help with working out. But be sure not to get stuck into a boring routine. A) You'll lose motivation when you simply repeat the same exercises over and over and B) You're muscles will know and give up. Changing up exercises will keep your body guessing and allow for more meaningful exercise. So, make a new routine every month to keep you organize and focused.

For me, I go to the gym Monday through Friday  but also do some things at home. Here's what I cam up with for my current schedule.

Monday Through Friday:
A.M.: Ashtanga Yoga @ home. 30 minutes.
Afternoon: Gym
                  5 minute warm up
                  30 minutes cardiovascular exercise
                  20 minutes weight lifting
                  5 minute cool down
Evening: Once spring comes, walk with Hubby (nothing serious, just a nice stroll around the neighborhood). We have to wait until spring not because of the cold, but because I get home from work at 6:45 and it's too dark out.

Saturday
A.M.: P90X video (While I don't stick to the p90x schedule on a daily basis, these videos are INCREDIBLE for single-serve workouts, and I like doing them on the weekends since I don't go to the gym those days.)

Sunday
Light yoga or hour walk to the pier (consider this my rest day)

This routine may be way too much for some, and not enough for others. Find what works for you, but encourage yourself to get at least 30 minutes of exercise daily, even if it's a speed walk around the neighborhood. Something is better than nothing and I guarantee if you stick with a daily routine of at least 30 minutes, you'll be less likely to skip a day, then another, then another.

Happy Healthy Living!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
    you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is magnificent,
    let alone the content!

    my blog post halo mega bloks
    My site - halo mega bloks

    ReplyDelete