Sunday, May 1, 2011

Extension & Update

It is now May 1, day 30 of our most recent challenge.  The results: we both failed miserably. Neither of us worked out nearly as much as we should have (if at all....ahemmm Mr. Bauer).  We've been caught up in the process of buying a house, selling a car, fixing the broken down truck, getting my motorcycle ready, 16 hour work days for Mike and with the rest of that time comes what little relaxation we can find.  Not to mention, I couldn't work out for the first 2 weeks because of my terrible shin splints, so I bought my new Merrell barefoot sneakers which didn't come in until the end of last week, the day before I left for PA for Easter.

At this point, I don't even want to step on the scale to see the lack of fat % lost and weight loss.  I'm already disappointed in myself, no need for a scale rub it in.  So here's the deal, we're going to extend this another month, until May 31.  I'm also committing myself to updating this blog every day again.  With writing this blog comes a sense of responsibility to you, the readers.  If I know that at the end of the day a bunch of you will read about my day, good or bad, I'm more likely to make better choices in food & workout.

Breakfast

Strawberries, orange slices, yogurt, and coffee for breakfast.  I rarely do coffee (I stay away from caffeine completely) but it is an occasional morning treat for me.  I drink no more than 2 cups a month.

I'd like to hear from you all.  Have you tried any of the recipes? If so, how'd it turn out?  If not, check them at the top of this page and let me know when you do!

What's coming up this week?  A review of the Merrell barefoot sneakers I bought, grocery shopping with the Bauers, a "What's in my 'fridge" post, and 2 more recipes!  Do you have a recipe, workout, or new fun activity for me to try? Please let me know! I want this to be a great resource center for living a fun, healthy, yummy lifestyle with lots of love and support!

Here's to a better month.

No comments:

Post a Comment