Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sharing Information - Recommended Articles

Lacey and I love sharing our experiences and adventures since we have both started to pursue healthier lifestyles. We have both taken different routes - Lacey going vegan and myself going gluten and dairy free (due to food allergies). We do a lot of reading and research, as well as experimenting with a variety of recipes and other healthy lifestyle changes. We can learn a lot from each other, I really think it's all about sharing information and raising awareness.

See below for a several articles that I recommend reading if you are interested in learning more about living a healthier lifestyle. Post a comment below to share any of your favorite articles!

The Meaning of Addiction: Is Eating Addictive?

10 Fad Diets To Never Try

10 dumb things you do at the doc's office

 5 Reasons You’re Eating More Than You Think

  12 Tips for Managing Anxiety (and depression) Naturally

Will Soy Kill You, a Paleo Diet Save You and are Vegetarians Unhealthy?


- Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. lace! I totally forgot to comment on the food package you sent for the giveaway! I'll comment on it here, if that's ok, and you can just do with it what you want. :)

    Jam: PERFECT! How jam SHOULD taste - like FRUIT! We gobbled this up on toasted Ezekiel bread and mixed in organic yogurt with almonds mostly. It would also be perfect stirred into oatmeal or mixed in smoothies. As you know, you have to eat it quicker than the store bought counterpart, due to less sugar and no preservatives. That's how it should be, in my opinion. :)

    Apple chips: As a recovering chip-a-holic of the snacky/unhealthy variety, these puppies sure did help curb my munchies! I love love love both cinnamon and fruit, and I especially loved how well these stored and how they got crunchier as time went on.

    Berry granola bars: HOLY DELICIOUSNESS! These babies are MAGIC! By FAR the best homemade granola bars my husband and I have EVER had! We couldn't stop gobbling them up! One of our favorite things about them was the toasty underlying flavors -- reminded us of toasted sesame seeds and peanuts. It was just the perfect flavor with the tart berries and simple sweet "glue" holding it all together. I could seriously go for one now...

    Welp, there ya go, Lacey! Hope that helps spread the good news of your healthy and insanely delicious treats! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete