Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Thai Sweet Potatoes & Green Beans



Lacey, here!

I'm always looking for new flavors for dishes. I almost always go towards Parsley, Garlic, Oregano, Thyme...ya know, the typical spices. So, when my mom gave me this amazing Thai seasoning for Christmas, I knew I wanted to do something special with it.

In an effort to use up my last sweet potato, I decided to keep it simple: a string bean "stir fry", with some other special ingredients.

Ingredients:
1 TBSP vegetable oil
1 sweet potato, diced
1 lb green beans
1 onion, diced
Mushrooms (as many as you'd like)
2 roma tomatoes
Thai Seasoning to taste (or make your own, found here, or look at the ingredients in the photo below)





Directions:
1. In a wok or frying pan, heat oil and cook sweet potato on medium-high heat, constantly stirring.
2. After 5 minutes, add in green beans and onion. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Add mushrooms, seasoning, and tomatoes. Cover and let sit on medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
4. Serve and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment