Monday, February 11, 2013

Snowstorm Nemo & Homemade Soup

Happy Monday! SH here. Hope everyone is safe from Snowstorm Nemo this weekend.


Snowstorm weekends are a great excuse to stay holed up and cozy in your apartment. As a New Yorker - I have no car to take care of, no driveway or sidewalk to shovel, so snow is a generally lazy event for me. I joined the rest of the NYC crowd at the grocery store on Friday ~ my greatest fear is that my diner won't be able to open and deliver any food to me at any time I want #firstworldproblems, so I went overboard due to the impending snowstorm.

View from our apartment on Friday night

I made a new homemade chicken noodle soup recipe earlier last week and LOVED IT. D and I love our homemade stews like Starving Taco Stew and Beef Crock Pot so I have no idea why I hadn't try to make my favorite soup ever at home. I found this recipe on Closet Cooking - one of my favorite sources for new recipes. It's the Chicken Noodle Soup recipe and it is simple and perfect. Definitely check out the website and try the recipe.

Stages of homemade soup # instagram


Once the snowstorm was on it's way, I took the day to work from my apartment (I work in online advertising so as long as I have internet, I can work anywhere) and stop by the grocery store to stock up. I decided to make double the amount of chicken noodle soup, and D volunteered to make grilled cheese sandwiches. A perfect way to spend a snowy night :)

Sledding in Central Park


Perfect combo after a long walk through Central Park :)

What are your favorite snowstorm comfort foods? Do you order food or cook food? Do you have favorite soup recipes from your family or do you scour the internet for new ones all the time? What is your favorite soup side - do you prefer grilled cheese like me?

Post storm stroll through Strawberry Fields

via

No comments:

Post a Comment