Monday, March 18, 2013

Recipes of the Week: Bacon Bow Tie Pasta & Guinness Crock Pot

SH here and I am loooving all my new recipes! It's getting a lot less intimidating with each new thing I try, and I'm really loving trying new foods in my own home :)

Bacon Bow Tie Pasta
I picked this gem up at MyRecipes.com and the full bacon bow tie pasta recipe is right here for you!
The recipe is pretty simple and it didn't take long for me to make. I did use gluten free pasta instead of bow tie pasta to keep the gluten out of this dairy heavy recipe. Honestly anything with bacon is f$%^& delicious for me! The sauce was easy to make... and dude, bacon for dinner? Yes please!
My husband is not a huge cream cheese fan and did think this sauce was a bit heavy and creamy - but it's bacon, he'll be fine.

All ready and stirred up in the pot with sauce, noodles and crispy bacon!
Serve hot :)

Slow Cooker Guinness Beef Stew
I made this recipe for my office - we had a pot luck to celebrate St Paddys Day so I knew this sick twist on my usual crock pot fav would be amazing. BakedByRachel.com had a great recipe that I followed for this one - you can check it out for yourself right here.

It does take a bit of prep work (crock pot always does) but it's so worth it and it smells so damn good when you wake up! (I got wifey points for waking up to an apartment smelling like beef and guinness) :)

All chopped up and ready to go

Add that Guinness in! I used a whole bottle :)

Pure St Paddys Day food joy!

What new recipes have you all been getting yourself into? Trying out holiday themed recipes? Sharing with your office or family? Post links below - I'm always looking to try something new :)

via

No comments:

Post a Comment