Wednesday, March 20, 2013

First of the Smoothie Recipes > Kiwi Strawberry!

FINALLY! My first smoothie is made! I started my smoothie project over a month ago by ordering the Oster My Blend 250-Watt Blender on Amazon. I found a crapload of sweet recipes that I couldn't wait to try.

Don't forget your smoothie grocery list and healthy add ins like flaxseed and raw cacao! If your fruit man is back - grab your cheap fruit and you are ready to go.

Fruit Man shopping
The first recipe we tried was a Kiwi Strawberry - sounds refreshing and makes me crave Spring like anything.

Dice up your Kiwi

Dice up your strawberries (like 5 or 6 - whatever you can fit in there)

Add in your milk and a teaspoon of flaxseed for good health :)


Blend her up!
First smoothie of bikini season :)
Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie Recipe:
1 Kiwi - diced
6 Strawberries - diced
Almond Milk (or soy/rice/etc)
Teaspoon of flaxseed
Ice cubes
> Throw them in together and blend it up to enjoy!

The blender had some trouble with our larger ice cubes so we need to break up the cubes more in the future. Also you could taste the flax seeds in the shake so I need to figure out how to make that better - any suggestions?! My husband and I also agreed it needed to be sweetened up - maybe we will add in honey next time. Any other sweetener suggestions?

via

No comments:

Post a Comment