Monday, March 25, 2013

Strawb&Banan Smoothie Recipe

Steph here - and I am on a smoothie roll! I started my smoothie project by ordering the Oster My Blend 250-Watt Blender on Amazon, then I found a crapload of sweet recipes that I couldn't wait to try.

Grab your smoothie grocery list and healthy add ins like flaxseed and raw cacao! If your fruit man is back - grab your cheap fruit and you are ready to go.

I used honey to sweeten up the smoothie this time
The first recipe I made with my hubby was Kiwi Strawberry - which was great. But I'm not a huge kiwi fan and the smoothie just wasn't sweet enough. Strawberry/Banana mix is ALWAYS my fav fruit mix so I knew I had to try this next.

Dice a banana and 5/6 strawberries into the blender (add more/less depending on how much you want):


Ice, Strawberries & Bananas - a LITTLE healthier than Ben & Jerrys...

I didn't add in the flaxseed because it made the first smoothie taste too grainy. I need to fix that because I really want to incorporate flaxseed into my diet and a smoothie is the easiest way. Any fixes?!

Hey there pretty smoothie

Perfect late night replacement snack!
Strawb Banan Smoothie Recipe:
6 Strawberries - diced
1 Banana - diced
Almond Milk (or soy/rice/etc)
Honey - 2 tablespoons
Ice cubes
> Throw them in together and blend it up to enjoy!

I have made this one twice so far and it's such a great treat when I'm craving sugar at the end of the night. Now I need to fix my flax seed problem...

via

No comments:

Post a Comment