Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Running ~ Music To Keep You Hyped!

Running is all mental for me. It's a constant struggle right now for me because I get all psyched out about breathing and cramps and I tend to give up during my runs. I run with D and he helps to encourage me to keep going, and we run around the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir which stuns me every day. We live right outside of the Central Park Reservoir - which is why we don't have monthly gym memberships. Like, if we can't walk 20 feet out our door to go running, then why would we make it to the gym.

view from my iphone while running - city heaven
So back to my main point. Running is all mental for me and music keeps my brain focused on everything but the fact I'm running. I have a crazy running mix that I've been adding to over the months and I'm currently looking for new songs - that is where you, my friend, come in.

view of our running track from a plane (my own photo - D takes flying lessons)

What keeps you going while running? Do you throw mental temper tantrums when you feel like you can't go anymore? Do you listen to Broadway music to get you pumped?! Let me know on our Facebook page and tell me some new songs to download for my runs after work this week!

This is a sampling of artists I have on my playlist: Beastie Boys, Rage Against the Machine, Jay Z, Les Miserable Soundtrack (yeah - seriously I rage to 'At The End of The Day'), Adele, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry,  Britney Spears of course, and Marilyn Manson for a dash of angry running. This article from BuzzFeed also has a killer list of new song ideas.

#embarassingbravery

No comments:

Post a Comment