Wednesday, March 6, 2013

No More Recipe Ruts - new ideas to try!

Stephanie here with another recipe rut update. I've been doing a pretty good job at trying new recipes - especially during crazy work weeks when my husband and I have both been traveling. I have been picking and choosing from my crazy long list of new recipes I want to try and have 2 new recipes to share!

Weight Watchers Parmesan Chicken Cutlets

Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa
D loves broccoli... me notsomuchatall. But I know broccoli is super good for you, so I had to give it a go. When he suggested this recipe I got super anxious because the smell/taste/texture of broccoli makes my stomach churn. So it is forever D's goal to get me to eat more broccoli. We found this cheesy broccoli quinoa recipe on one of our fav recipe websites Closet Cooking.

I am very happy to announce that I LOVED THIS RECIPE! I ate broccoli and lived to tell the tale! So stoked I can add this recipe to my favs and add broccoli back to my diet. We have already made it twice - it's not time consuming at all. The first time we made it on it's own and it wasn't enough of a meal. The second time we added chicken and it was a perfect meal. I really recommend trying this one out for a quick and easy dinner!


Weight Watchers Parmesan Chicken Cutlets
I love Italian food, so when I found this recipe I couldn't wait to try out this lower fat / not totally cheesy version of chicken parm! You can find the recipe here on food.com - it is super quick and easy to make.

Chicken baked and ready to go!

My finished product :)

I also made a side of gluten free pasta with tomato basil sauce to go with it. It was a good pairing, but next time I may try a homemade sauce to give this meal an extra kick.

Have you tried any of these new recipes? What is your fav way to try new recipes - do you add your own flair and spices or follow the recipe to the T? Share your fav recipe links on our S & Tea Facebook page!

via

No comments:

Post a Comment